21.10.11

A new day has rised
with all its new contents
and all its old contents
while I still try to find
if I am yesterdays's me
or today's me
and what exactly is the difference
which by the way they say
"it's huge!"
and I look at my arms
they're the same size they were yesterday
and I look at my legs
they're the same size they were yesterday
I look at my fingers
they're the same size
Yesterday's size
So I look back at then
as stylish as I can
and I say
"What's the big news, pal?"
and they, with big eyes
"The possibilities, all these possibilities!"
they scream, they yell
and they cry
they cry as if they would vanish
if they didn't cry
And I say
- as stylish as I can get, again -
"I'm sorry, pal, these so called
possibilities
have not reached my brain"
Their faces, all of then, suspicious
They look at my forehead
my eyes, my chewing gum mouth
ready to spit and chew
spit at their feet
And they get superior
"Yes, they have,
these possibilites,
today, you've got to choose
And you choose to ignore"
"Guess I'll die as the dumbest man alive"
I say
"As you all will get smarter
I'll get dumber
and dumber
and dumber
Till' I get so dumb
and you so smart
that we'll definitely meet."
So I walk through them
without knowing
where my legs can take me
And I see their faces
And they also don't know
But they are together
And I am together
with me
my future
and the smell of wet grass growing beneath moist rocks
that just isn't there
and I bring back from years past
to wave my hand
farewell
it's been a very unique day.

Nenhum comentário: